4 cups blimbing juice
3 cups liquid Balinese honey
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 large green chili, deseeded
1 pinch of salt
1. Wash the blimbing, lemongrass and chili, and peel the ginger. Cut the ginger and lemongrass pieces into 1cm chunks.
2. Blend the blimbing and pass through a fine sieve.
3. Pour the juice back into your blender and whizz up again with the ginger, lemongrass and green chili, until you reach a fine puree consistency. Pass through a fine sieve again.
4. Pour the mixture into the blender again and this time add the banana and honey, plus a pinch of salt.
5. Blend one more time and transfer to your ice-cream machine, taking it out when it has reached a nice smooth consistency.
6. Add the lime zest and chill again for another minute. Keep in the freezer ready to eat at any time.
Note: Adjust the amount of ginger to your liking - this recipe has quite a strong ginger flavour.
Recipe by Chef Arnaud Hauchon