1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1 ripe banana
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons your favorite natural nut butter of choice (I used hazelnut butter)
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
1/4 cup water
Coconut oil to grease the pan
1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple sauce
1/2 cup plant based milk
1. First make your flax egg and set aside.
2. The make the vegan buttermilk.
3. Pour the vegan buttermilk into the blender, add a ripe banana and blend (or you can manually mash the banana with the buttermilk).
Combine the buttermilk with the rest of the dry ingredients plus the flax egg. Mix well.
4. Heat a nonstick pan over a low-to-medium heat (you have to be patient with coconut flour, it will burn when the pan is to hot) and very lightly coat with some coconut oil, either using a brush or a paper napkin.
5. Spoon in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mix at a time and spread it a bit. Wait until the surface bubbles and the edges are beginning to firm up, then flip.
6. Enjoy with your favorite toppings like blueberries, strawberries, fruit jam or chopped bananas.
Copyright © by Sophie Navita