1/2 cup shredded peeled zucchini
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup gluten-free, all purpose flour
1/4 cup light buckwheat flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup plant based milk
1/2 cup apple sauce (or apple puree)
7 drops Medicinal Flower Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flax meal
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup raw coconut sugar
1/16 tsp pure stevia powder
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
1. Heat your oven to 180 C (around 350 F).
2. Combine all your flours in a bowl with the baking powder and cacao or cocoa, and xylitol and stevia, plus salt and flax meal. Mix.
3. Add water and plant-based milk (I used almond milk) and mix until incorporated well. Add the vanilla extract, apple sauce, and the coconut oil last, mixing with your spatula.
4. Pour into a baking tin and bake for around 25 minutes. (You need to check, if you have an oven that has not been calibrated in a long time it may take a little longer.)
5. Add the optional chocolate chips just before baking.
6. Serve while still warm for maximum impact.
Copyright © by Sophie Navita
Sophie is an Indonesian TV host/actor/singer who is also a certified plant-based professional chef and soon a registered nutritionist. If you don't see her on stage, she is usually teaching healthfood classes or consulting and helping clients improve their diet. A happy mother of two boys. And a big Friend of Fivelements.