1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Small pinch cayenne and sea salt (optional)
1. Combine the almonds, dates, chia seeds, pinch of salt and pinch of cayenne in a food processor or blender and pulse until the crust ingredients form a sticky dough.
2. Divide the dough into five pieces. Press each piece into the bottom and up the sides of a silicone cupcake liner. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Combine the banana, avocado, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Divide the mixture among the crusts.
4. Place the tarts back in the freezer for another 20 minutes. Then remove them from the liners.
5. Top with chopped strawberries, blueberries, mint or cacao nibs.
Recipe from The 5-Day Real Food Detox book by Wellness Expert Nikki Sharp www.nikkisharp.com/book